Monday, December 2, 2013

Diamond(s) In The Rough

A friend joked with my once saying don't "Drake and drink". Well he should've added, "Don't Drake and drive" or "Drake at home alone". Man...his songs are so damn lonely.











I'm sad thinking about hearing his stuff, but I'm here, home, alone listening to him.

His rendition of TLC's fanmail, "I Get Lonely Too", inspired me to write this post.  This goes out to all the guys that have those "fans" and "friends" online that you've never met, but in a small way prevent you from deleting those bullshit apps and accounts altogether.

Its like being in a facebook group where you just chat, chat, chat, chat, chat with no intentions of doing more outside of possibly connecting to get a vibe from the person. Except I do the same thing I do on facebook on a4a, jackd and xtube (don't judge me).

I went on adam4adam tonight just to talk to a young, educated guy that's in my area just to have a convo with someone I have something in common with that hasn't managed to piss me off yet. Its so easy to do this *le sigh*

Of course in the midst of talking to him and a few other guys with the same characteristics, the temptation from the barrage of "unlock", "sup" and "u tryna chill?" notes can be overwhelming.

Can't these bastards control themselves?

I don't even have nude pics up and you can't, and I repeat, CANNOT see my face so what do they want? Ugh.

Then a guy hit me with this gem...
























Now don't get me wrong, if I was dead broke and needed it, I would've inquired and maybe responded differently if the price was right; but I'm not.

Anywho, back to the topic at hand.  I really have a problem "diamond mining", which is what I call finding quality guys online because its the same process. You have to dig through piles of dirt, bugs and shit just to find a rock with some value.

AND in that process you can get dirty and tricked by rocks that look like diamonds, but fall apart when you wash them off. I mean you don't even get "cubic zirconia's" online, a BS person you meet  IN person.

Just plain ass rocks. (However, when I lived in DC I found CZ's, polly pocket and barbie diamond rings all over the place; shit drove me nuts).

A friend suggested a way for me to get away from sloring would be to delete my access to thethings that are causing me problems, but my "diamond mining" and loneliness make it impossible at times. I go away for sometime and I come right back.

Don't get me wrong, I do use them to get dirty at times and enjoying playing in the mud, but that isn't the sole intention.

Just like a line in the TLC version of the song, "Everyday I think I'm gonna met 'cha, can't wait til' the day I see ya. Know that you might be the one for me"...soooooo...I hold out.

But I'm logging out tonight, the guy I thought was a diamond just asked me "where the hoes at?". He's a cubic zirconia or a I3 / P3  - A Diamond with Inclusions / flaws 3rd degree. Obvious inclusions, / spots easily visible by naked eye affecting transparency and brightness. AT BEST.

- CGN

No comments:

Post a Comment